Friday, March 25, 2011

Back East

Denver was weird. I have a massive lists of things I would have liked to do while here, but obviously I didn't get to do any of them. Sadly, I only saw the Rocky Mountains from afar, but my brother promises that next time I'm here we'll get drunk and go to some of the taller peaks. Speaking of getting drunk, I did succeed in doing that. In fact, I did that really well. It started with lucking into a free ticket to a hockey game, really got going with a rickshaw ride through downtown Denver, and ended with me spilling way too many embarrassing details about myself to complete strangers. It was fun at the time, and honestly it's not like I haven't done that before. Well, I haven't been in a rickshaw or gone to a free hockey game, but the other stuff I've done plenty of. It's just what happens when I start to drink. The day after that wasn't so fun, as I spent most of it hung-over in the hospital with DebraLee and the baby, but that's fine. In all, the trip was a success. I got to help out my brother, arrived to town on the day his first child was born, and spent a lot of time with some cool people while showing off my expert skills as an uncle. I look forward to visiting Denver again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment